Why do I receive a message that my receipt has been rejected?
There are a few simple rules to follow when scanning receipts. The photos must be of good quality and show the entire receipt in focus and with good exposure. You can find more details here.
Why are my receipts not updated?
It can happen that the e-receipt update for a specific retailer fails from time to time. This is due to the nature of the data access and cannot be eliminated. The missing receipts are recovered typically the next time you log in to BitsaboutMe. If you experience missing receipts for several logins, please check the following:
- Check if you have a notification that you need to reauthenticate. If so, please click on the link or go to the Acconut/MyData section and click on the edit icon of the respective account.
- Manually login to your Cumulus, Supercard or Lidl Plus loyalty program. If it requires a user interaction – like acceptance of new terms and conditions – then you need to do this first, before the automated update works again.
- If none of the measures above fixes the problem, then go to Account/MyData and click on the edit icon of the respective account. Delete the connection and then reconnect your loyalty account again.
Why do I get a warning message from Migros every time I log in?
When you see a warning message from Migros each time you log in, it’s because our system accesses the Migros Cumulus website on your behalf to update your receipts. Migros is designed to detect logins that originate not from your browser but from our servers. This message is intended to enhance the security of your account. You receive it when you log in to your BitsaboutMe account and also when your account is updated automatically at longer inactivities. As a Cashback member you will also receive Cashback notification during those times.
If you find these warning messages bothersome and wish to stop receiving them, you can disable them in your Cumulus account settings. Here’s how:
- Visit Your Cumulus Account Settings: Go to https://login.migros.ch/profile/security to access your Cumulus account settings.
- Disable Security Notifications: Within the security settings, you’ll find an option to manage security notifications. You can disable these notifications from there.
Why can’t I connect my bank?
The short answer is because Swiss banks currently make it impossible. We have worked with a service provider in the past that managed the connection, but the quality was so poor that we had to discontinue this service on October 1, 2023.
A secure and smooth connection to banking and payment data requires that banks offer an open interface (Open Banking API). In Switzerland, this is not yet mandatory and banks are very reluctant to offer their customers easy access to their data. Our partner bank HBL is the laudable exception in this regard, offering an Open Banking API for years now.
Even the Swiss Federal Council does not want to tolerate the banks’ hesitation any longer and has therefore called on them to self-regulate by summer 2024. If this does not happen voluntarily, it will intervene in a regulatory manner. One can be curious…
Why do I not get Cashback rewards?
If you haven’t received your cashback credits, please follow these steps:
- Check for New Receipts: Verify if you have imported or scanned any new receipts. You can access the list of your receipts in the ‘Receipts’ section.
- No New Receipts? If you do not see any new receipts displayed in this section, please refer to the instructions under ‘Why are my receipts not imported?’
- New Receipts, No Credit: If you have new receipts listed but haven’t received a cashback credit, there are two possible reasons:a. Receipt Eligibility: The receipts may not qualify for the cashback program. Please ensure they meet the program’s criteria.b. Cashback Limit Reached: The maximum cashback credit for the current month is capped at 10 Swiss francs. If you’ve already reached this limit, no additional cashback will be credited. At the start of a new month, cashback credits will resume automatically.
How can I reset my password?
Data security and privacy are top priorities for us. Therefore, we do not have a copy of your password, which would be necessary to restore your user account. This is how we ensure that no one—not even BitsaboutMe—can access your data without your explicit consent.
If you created your account in January 2022 or later, you received an automatic email with a recovery code. If you do not have a recovery code, you can create a new account with a different email address. Your old account will remain protected and will be deleted automatically after one year of inactivity. Alternatively, you can request the deletion of your old account at email@example.com, specifying the email address you used when you signed up. Once you have received confirmation from us that your account has been deleted, you can create a new account using the same email address.
How is my data encrypted
We use SQLCipher. SQLCipher is an open source extension of SQLite that provides transparent 256-bit AES encryption of database files. In the mobile space, SQLCipher has enjoyed widespread use in Apple’s iOS as well as Android for quite some time. To communicate with our servers, we use HTTPS end-to-end encryption only.