BitsaboutMe is a young startup in the Personal Data Economy based in Bern, Switzerland founded by 2 digital experts with combined 25 years of marketplace experience. We have closed our seed round in early 2018 and are currently 7 full time employees from 6 nationalities based in Bern, Switzerland.
We want to change the dominant data driven business model where users give up the rights on their personal data in exchange for “free” services. We believe users should be able to act upon their (EU) rights to control their personal data that today is mostly locked away in proprietary silos of large online companies. With more and more personal data being produced, stored and processed every day the only sustainable solution is, to put the individual back into the center of the model.
We are not yet another data reseller, we don’t own any of the data. As a trusted platform we rather empower consumers to put their data to work and make sure this happens in a secure, fair and privacy preserving way.
Our full time positions come with an attractive package and stock option plan.
Growth Hacker (full time, on site)
You are responsible for all things that drive growth of the BitsaboutMe Personal Data Marketplace. The role is highly cross-functional and you will work closely with marketing, sales, engineering and product management. At our stage the role will also include active participation in business development, sales pitches and public relations.
• Manage our overall growth strategy for both corporate and consumer customers
• Develop and track key success metrics and KPIs
• Exchanging ideas/data/feedback with other departments (Product, marketing, top management) in order to present results and make the product more user-centric
• Bringing traditional and creative ideas how to grow those KPIs.
• Working on a lean startup process
• Develop the future monetization and pricing strategy for the marketplace
Skills And Qualifications
• Master in Business and/or Technology or a similar degree with a solid understanding of both aspects of a digital business
• 5+ years of relevant experience with a personal track record of driving profitable growth in a digital business
• Fluent in German and English
• Being performance and results-oriented
• Fast learner and great willingness to learn
• Having a startup mindset
• Being data-driven with a clear understanding of data, analytics, metrics and statistics
• Hands on operational experience in online marketing and social media
• Being social and understanding users’ behavior. Having great customer relations skills and being focused on customer experience
• Natural communicator, strong extrovert energy, passion to engage with customers (both consumers and corporates)
• Experience in web analytics, A/B testing
• Editing, copywriting and spokesperson skills
• Having experience with growth hackings tools such as Optimizely for A/B Testing, MailChimp for email marketing campaigns, Matomo or Google Analytics etc.
• Being relentless in pursuit of growth
Contact us at email@example.com
Full Stack Developer (full time, on site)
We are looking for a Full-Stack Developer who is motivated to develop the next gen marketplace. You visualize data and insights generated in the back-end (php, python) into an experience that users can understand and engage with easily. Responsibilities will include the development of our API system and our marketplace. As a startup we are looking for people who take pride and ownership in their work and take on the lead in defining how the application looks as well as how it works. You like challenges and having fun in a startup environment and you think you have all the qualities for this position, just send us your CV.
• Develop outstanding user-facing products
• Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
• Optimize application for maximum usability, speed and scalability
• Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Skills And Qualifications
• Master in Computer Science or equivalent degree
• 3+ years of relevant experience in corporate, agency or freelancing role is a plus
• Experience in material design or bootstrap
• Experience with data visualization libraries (e.g. highcharts, D3)
• Good understanding of asynchronous request handling and partial page updates
• Advanced in RESTFUL API development (PHP/NODE)
• Advanced in sqlite and postgresql
• Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues
• Understanding of the new data paradigm (GDPR and consent management)
• Experience with code versioning tool (Git)
• Experience with the atlassian platform (JIRA, CONFLUENCE)