BitsaboutMe is a young startup in the Personal Data Economy based in Bern, Switzerland founded by 2 digital experts with combined 25 years of marketplace experience.
We want to change the dominant data driven business model where users give up the rights on their personal data in exchange for “free” services. We believe users should be able to act upon their (EU) rights to control their personal data that today is mostly locked away in proprietary silos of large online companies. With more and more personal data being produced, stored and processed every day the only sustainable solution is, to put the individual back into the center of the model.
We are not yet another data reseller, we don’t own any of the data. As a trusted platform we rather empower consumers to put their data to work and make sure this happens in a secure, fair and privacy preserving way.
Our full time positions come with an attractive package and stock option plan.
Full Stack Developer (full time, on site)
We are looking for a Full-Stack Developer who is motivated to develop the next gen marketplace. You visualize data and insights generated in the back-end (php, python) into an experience that users can understand and engage with easily. Responsibilities will include the development of our API system and our marketplace. As a startup we are looking for people who take pride and ownership in their work and take on the lead in defining how the application looks as well as how it works. You like challenges and having fun in a startup environment and you think you have all the qualities for this position, just send us your CV.
• Develop outstanding user-facing products
• Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
• Optimize application for maximum usability, speed and scalability
• Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Skills And Qualifications
• Master in Computer Science or equivalent degree
• 3+ years of relevant experience in corporate, agency or freelancing role is a plus
• Experience in material design or bootstrap
• Experience with data visualization libraries (e.g. highcharts, D3)
• Good understanding of asynchronous request handling and partial page updates
• Advanced in RESTFUL API development (PHP/NODE)
• Advanced in sqlite and postgresql
• Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues
• Understanding of the new data paradigm (GDPR and consent management)
• Experience with code versioning tool (Git)
• Experience with the atlassian platform (JIRA, CONFLUENCE)