Contact us if you have any questions or browse the list below.
- Make sure that the correct email account is connected. You can find the account under the corresponding tile in “My Data” and the submenu “Import receipt or email”. The email account that receives the corresponding emails must be listed here and the “Email already connected” button must be displayed in grey.
- Make sure that the emails have actually been imported. To do this, select the period “All” in the “Statistics” section and then use the plus sign to select the corresponding email account for data sources. Then you can search your emails in the search field using the keyword Coop Supercard or Amazon.
- If not all relevant emails appear, just disconnect and reconnect the email. Please disconnect the email account and the Coop or Amazon account in your PDS and then reconnect the email account (depending on the size this may take some time) and reconnect to Coop/Amazon if you are sure that all data has been imported.
If you have difficulty importing your Migros data into your Personal Data Store (PDS), this may be due to one of the following reasons:
- Cumulus account is not connected: Verify that your Cumulus account is connected to Meine Migros. This is required to import your Migros data to BitsaboutMe.
- Wrong Password: Make sure that you use the correct password. Therefore, try logging in to Meine Migros with your account and password.
- Password Manager: If you use a password manager, we advise you to disable your Migros password in the password manager and to enter it manually on BitsaboutMe.
- Provision of data: If you have a large amount of Migros data, the import may take some time. In this case, you will have to wait about 10-15 minutes to see your Migros data.
Data security and privacy are top priorities for us and therefore we do not have a copy of your password (zero-knowledge) as it would be necessary to restore your user account. Therefore, we cannot reset your password. Only in this way we can assure you that without your login no one – not even BitsaboutMe – can access your data without your explicit consent.
So if you forgot your password, there is nothing we can do. You can create a new account with a different email address. Your old account will always be protected and will be automatically deleted after one year of inactivity. Alternatively, you can request the deletion of your old account at email@example.com, specifying the email address you used when you signed up. Once you have received the confirmation from us that your account has been deleted, you can create a new account using the same email address.
Please remember to create a password recovery code for the new account and keep it in a safe place.
The following steps will help you to find the source of this problem:
- Make sure that your account and password information was correct when connecting your account to BitsaboutMe by logging in to the appropriate website. If in doubt, you can disconnect the data source again and reconnect with the verified password.
- Wait 3 minutes – when importing large data sources for the first time, it may take a few minutes before the first data is visible.
- Log out and log in manually once, so all importers will be restarted.
- Check if the data source is then displayed in the dashboard (home) on the half donut chart and the number of records is greater than zero.
- Go to the Stats section, select for the time period “All” and then click on the plus for choosing data sources. A list appears with all imported data and the number of records. If the data you are looking for is not listed here, then it has not been imported.
- In this case, the problem must be at the very beginning of the data source connection.
- For data based on email (Amazon, Coop) find more information here.
If you have trouble connecting your email, there may be a number of reasons:
- The account and password combination is incorrect: BitsaboutMe requires the same credentials that you use when connecting your smartphone to your email server, for example. If in doubt, make sure your are using the correct password by logging in to your webmail account.
- Your provider’s configuration cannot be determined: In order for us to connect an email account, the provider must support the IMAP protocol and encrypted access via port 993. This should be standard everywhere these days. We can connect over 70% of all email accounts automatically.
- Your email provider does not allow IMAP: This is only true for very few providers. In this case we can’t do anything, because we currently only support IMAP for read-only access.
With some email accounts, it can happen for various reasons that the delivery of the activation email takes a certain time. Unfortunately, we do not have any influence on this. We also advise you to check the spam folder of your inbox.
If you have not received an activation email or if the link has already expired, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can send you a new link to activate your account.
If you were unable to import your Google data into your Personal Data Store (PDS), this may be due to one of the following reasons:
- After connecting to your Google account, you did not create a data archive (see instructions). Since Google does not allow fully automatic data import, this still has to be done manually.
- When creating your data archive, make sure that you have selected the right products in the list (Chrome, Fit, Location History, My Activity, Profile).
- Also check that you have selected the file type “ZIP” and the transmission method “Drive” for the archive format. As soon as your data archive is available, you must log out of your user account and then log in again. Only then the data import can be started. Depending on the data volume, the import may take some time.
- Google has not stored any personal data about you for the services concerned. This is unlikely, but should also be considered.
Before you activate the Personal Data Marketplace (PDM), navigate to the section My Data. Under Edit profile you can check and complete your data profile.
Then go to the tab Marketplace Settings, read the Marketplace Rules carefully and then activate the marketplace. Now you can choose which parts of your data you would like to share for the right reward. You can decide individually for each record or share your entire data profile by selecting the option Share All.
If you now go to Marketplace, you will see all the offers available to you. Select interesting offers and see which of your data will be used for which purposes. If you agree with all conditions, you can accept the offer or reject it in only one click. Please note that you cannot accept rejected offers.
We give you the opportunity to delete your user account yourself. If you are logged in to BitsaboutMe, you will find the corresponding function in the dropdown menu in the upper right corner under My Account.
If you cannot remember your password, send an email to email@example.com, explicitly requesting the deletion of your account. We will then inform you by email as soon as we have deleted your account.